About Me

My photo
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Jobs Available

What if every human life is a Job story?


This is an idea that has bounced around in my head for a while, sometimes the only thing that keeps me from giving up in some way. It’s the idea that in some completely unique way, unrepeated by previous lives, or ones that come afterward, we each by our behavior prove something to the heavenly realms about God.


If this is the case, then it would make sense that during the data gathering phases of this divine experiment, we, the guinea pigs, would be kept unawares. It wouldn’t be good science if we were allowed to corrupt the findings by knowing about the particulars of the experiment. Of course, there may be some who are allowed in on it to varying degrees, like the well-known prophets and men of God of the Bible and church history. The parameters of each experiment would naturally depend on the specific nature of the question it seeks to answer.


I would love to experience many of the fancy things of the Spirit like dramatic healings, words of knowledge, pinpoint accurate prophecies, and room silencing wise teachings. I would like to hear audible voices from God to make my life decisions easy, or at least undeniable circumstantial confirmations, but alas these sweet touches have been dishearteningly few and far between. I’m sure I can find a way to blame myself, but I’ve also heard of others who despite their errors, still had the privilege of hearing from God in powerful ways. But then I think, “Well, maybe Father is seeing what one of His will do if he has only the testimony of scripture, and life experiences to go by.” If an evil and perverse generation seeks after a sign, does that mean I should be ashamed of hoping for miracles and demonstrations of His power?


I am feeling a little bit frustrated and hurt from seemingly missing out on a lot of the good stuff, but I can still take my cues from Job and acknowledge that He is God and I am not. I am for Him, in Christ, and not the other way around.

Lord, I am available for You and as ready as I know how to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does this make sense? Please honor me with your critique.