About Me

My photo
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States

Monday, October 3, 2011

Hearing Speaking Doing but the Greatest of these is

Profound thoughts are coming at lightning speed these days, but I fear the "be not hearers of the Word only, but doers." And I have yet to figure out a way to remain confident about how that doing is to be carried out.

What is to be done? "Go into the everywhere and disciple all unto Christ." But I don't have the power to go to the Salar, it seems. Go where here? Downtown? To the rejects of society? Who are the rejects? Homeless people seem to be more popular than ever in the news, and among the charities. That's fine, I'll go to them, I suppose.

But I feel powerless. I feel like I need to learn more. What if my doctrine is not correct? Just the other day I saw that my understanding of baptism was in error. What if there are other areas that are misguided like my baptism was? And shouldn't I have a partner? Jesus sent them out in twos because there needed to be two witnesses to new things. Should I wait till God provides a co-laborer? Should I wait till God drops on me special words of knowledge to guide me into whatever ministry He should desire, in the same way He told the eleven to remain still until Pentecost?

Or, is "doing" included in recording these profound thoughts that seem to be truthful. Is my ministry supposed to be in teaching and exhorting by writing? How can there be time for that? So many have done that before and got nearly no where.

And the homeless probably know the gospel better than the average church goer. Maybe. I guess there's only one way to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does this make sense? Please honor me with your critique.